This post will - hopefully - be helpful in saving you money for the holidays.
I truly enjoy making gifts for others...but wrapping them?? Not so much. Simple is better. But, it's a shame to pour your heart and soul into a gift and then throw it into a brown paper bag. It's kinda anti-climactic!
So, here's a way to pretty up the wrappings without spending wads of time or money on it. And they look really nice!
* Start saving all the boxes you would normally toss in the trash can - cereal, tissue, pasta, cracker boxes. You get the idea!
* Tuck in the top flaps of cardboard.
* Wrap it in pretty paper of your choice, just like you'd wrap a box. But, don't wrap the open top - simply push the wrapping paper ends down into the box. If you feel like they need taping down, stick a little tape on the inside edges.
* Next, use a paper hole punch or an awl to make holes around the top of the box - two each on two opposite sides of the box.
* Find some pretty ribbon (Wide ribbons work great!), thread it through the holes and make two handles. You'll see from these 2
pictures that I tried it with the knots to the inside of the boxes AND to the outside. You choose which way you like it best.
*Tada! Instant pretty wrappings for your love-filled gifts!